Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The hearts of humans are never loyal..

There was once this girl, born blind. She never did get to see the world. She lived her life blind. When she was 18 years old, she managed to get a boyfriend. Despite knowing that she won’t be able to see the him, the boy loved her just the same as any other boy would love a normal girl. They were together for a few years and one day, the boy proposed to her. He said “dear, will you marry me?” and the girl replied “oh, if only I could see you, I would marry you.” The boy disappointed went back home and prayed. He prayed everyday for a miracle to happen. One day, the girl received a pair of eyes from an unknown donor. She knew that the boys prayer was answered. She went in to the operation theater and the operation began. The operation was a success and for the first time in her life, she opened her eyes. Her boyfriend was waiting for her outside the theater and she finally could see who he was. The boy said, “dear, now that you can see me, will you marry me?” To her horror, he was also blind just like her. So she said, “No, you are blind. You can’t even see me. Why should I marry you?” and just walked off. The boy sad and disappointed went back home. A few days later, the girl received a letter from the boy. It said “take care of my eyes, dear.”

When we are in darkness, we depend on other people to shine their light on us. But once when we are out of darkness, we forgot the people who have shown their light on us when we were in darkness.

No comments: