Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Christian Life

I started goin to church when i was in form 4..my friends were doing evangelism at that time and so they invited me to church..being young and naive, i followed them to church where they tought me what is being a christian all about..the church that i went to was Wesley church..because both my parents are not christians,i never did go to any Sunday service before..instead i go for the MYF(erm..what does it stand for again..i forgot..anyway, its for youths only) meetings held every Saturday..so i had no experience at all as to what a Sunday service is..life goes on like normal for the next two years..and if anyone were to ask me what religion am i,i would answer 'christian'..after i finished my SPM, i went to KL to further my studies..it was in January when i felt bored one weekend and decided to 'lepak' in KLCC..while walking there, two guys stopped me..they introduced themselves and told me that they were doing evangelism..i told them that i was actually already i christian(btw..coincidently i was also wearing my MFY shirt.haha) they invited me over to their church and so i went(despite it was a month or so later after the invitation) They studied the Bible with me..during the first study i had with them, they asked me a few questions concerning being a christian such as "What is your purpose in life?"..sad to say, despite calling myself a 'christian' for 2 years,i actually know nothing bout God..i was kinda embarrassed..but they were very kind and patient to me..they took time to share with me the Bible and to teach me what being a christian is all about..


after that study, i just realised that despite 'going to church' for 2 years,i still know nothing of God..and for that,i actually wasnt a christian..sad to say..but now as i study more and more the Word of God,i get to know who God really is and what it means being a christian..before i end my post, i would want to share a picture..

this is a Philippine devotee nailed to the Cross,imitating Jesus..notice the nail going through his palm? well,most people believe that Jesus was crucified this way..but the truth is Jesus was crucified with the nail going through His wrist, rather than His palm..this is one very common mistake people make..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Make new friends,
Keep the old,
One is silver,'
The other is gold.
wheverer you go, don't forget your roots. Friends you grow up with, the environment you used to live in. Each and every one has to have a past, then only go on to the present and the future will be the present and the present and so on.